- About Us
- Business Continuity/DR/Backup
- RSA Aveksa
- Bradford Networks
- Check Point
- Cyber Ark
- DIR Products
- Contact Us
Switch Port Manager
Automate Control of Network Access Switch Ports
Many IT teams rely on labor-intensive manual processes like spreadsheets and periodic scanning tools for network discovery and switch port management . However, these outmoded practices produce out-of-date data and limited visibility, which can lead to wasted assets, increased IT costs, dangerous security risks and longer troubleshooting time.
Switch Port Manager provides comprehensive views and management of multi-vendor switches, incorporating current and historical views of IP, MAC, port, VLAN mappings and network device topology. With SPM, you can definitively show what device used which IP address and where they are in the network.
Dynamic Network Discovery, Analysis and IPAM Configuration
Switch Port Manager offers complete network discovery and inventory for multi-vendor, Layer 2 and Layer 3 networks elements. User-friendly analyses and graphical views provide rich information on network elements, including devices, but also inventories and details on: VLANs, routes, routing tables, HSRP or VRRP peers, subnets, OS and models.
Instead of just focusing on individual devices, the auto-discovery also includes the network connections, their dependencies and topology views of the entire infrastructure. SPM answers the common questions asked – What device is using which IP address? Where is it now? Where has it been over time?
Eliminate Waste with Better Switch Port Capacity Planning
Switch Port Manager displays which ports are free, used and available within a single interface, so you can easily see which switches are running out of capacity. These views show exactly how much capacity is left, which ports can be reclaimed and which devices will be impacted by switch maintenance. In addition, you can set rules before reclaiming a port; for example, “Don’t reclaim a port if it’s been used in the last 45 days.” With Switch Port Manager, you need only add capacity where necessary, and can save unused resources for other projects.
Detect Unplanned and Unapproved Devices Faster and More Easily
With the proliferation of IP-based devices, there are huge risks and new security concerns with unplanned or undetected devices connecting to the network. Switch Port Manager automatically detects all end-hosts connected to the network, so IT teams can quickly identify when and where approved and unapproved devices attach to the infrastructure. Armed with this information, IT experts can decide whether to allow these devices, move them to a quarantined VLAN, or blacklist and remove them from the network.
Improve Troubleshooting and Auditing
Switch Port Manager tracks all current connections constantly, over time, so you can see who is connected to which port and for how long. Additionally, Switch Port Manager reporting includes all historical connections for forensics and compliance auditing requirements. Details encompass every IP address, MAC, connected switch port, VLAN and DNS name for every end device.
Find and Repair Intermittent Network Issues More Quickly
History shows that the majority of time repairing intermittent network problems is spent isolating the problem. When an IT team doesn’t know where to look or when exactly the problem started, repair times can go from hours to days. Switch Port Manager’s historical views provide both automated Layer 2 and Layer 3 network discovery and end host details, including IP address, MAC, current link status and VLAN, helping users find and resolve potential issues much faster.
Sync Network Components with Infoblox Trinzic IP Address Management Solutions
When integrated with the Trinzic DDI solution, Switch Port Manager lets you manage switch ports, network components and IP addresses within a single platform. Now if a network end user reports an issue, you can see in seconds where they are connected, where they have been and the network components involved.
- Identify total ports for each switch as well as free, available and percentage-of-available ports
- Set customizable reports to define individual requirements before reclaiming a port
- Enhance switch port control with “right-click” tasks leveraging NetMRI or Automation Change Manager
- View current and historical connections to see who is connected to which port and for how long
- Identify key parameters, including IP address, MAC, connected switch, port, VLAN and DNS name for every end device
- Automatic network discovery for multi-vendor network devices with multi-perspective topology views
- Tracking for Layer 2 physical information, including device, chassis components, interfaces, OSs, vendor and model type
- Updated Layer 3 logical network summaries, including routes, subnets, VLANs, HSRP/VRRP groups and ports
- Integrated network and IP address visibility and management in a single window
- Combine with asset system to monitor new devices automatically within context requirements
- Customizable report templates and API for enhanced documentation
- Automates analysis of network device vulnerabilities for Cisco devices, including PSIRTs, field notices, end of life milestones, and field notices
Monday through Friday
8:00am - 6:00pm
Our Office Locations
Southwest Regional Office:
5729 Lebanon Road, Suite 144
Frisco, TX 75034
Southeastern Regional Office:
10200 NW 25th Street, Suite #207
Doral, Florida 33172
Atlantic Regional Office:
1705 Holbrook Street
Greensboro, NC, 27404
Phone and Fax
- Office Hours